Nike and Converse are places to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our Global Procurement team helps Nike, Inc. win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value. We challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage. We are motivated by results, not by process. And we act as one team across the globe. We are a magnet and engine for talent – we bring in the best people from across the globe, challenge them to grow and help them build a career at Nike, Inc., within or beyond Procurement.
Sourcing Manager- Digital and Operations Overview
Global Procurement is looking for an impact-driven Sourcing Manager- Digital and Operations who will join our team at Converse Headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, primarily supporting the Converse business. You will be a part of a dynamic, high performing team of sourcing professionals supporting Nike and Converse strategic priorities.
In this role, you will partner with Converse Global leaders across Technology, Digital, and Supply Chain functions and with Global Procurement team members across North America, South America, Asia, and Europe to build business and sourcing strategies that meet Converse and Nike, Inc. priorities. You will report to the Director of Procurement for Converse and you will have a dotted line reporting relationship with the Procurement Senior Director of Technology and the Procurement Director of Supply Chain.
You will be responsible for partnering with Senior leaders and Global Procurement colleagues to manage on-going partner relationships and identify and establish new partnership relationships that support Converse and Nike, Inc. strategies.
- Build trusting and meaningful relationships with senior executives across multiple business and technology, and supply chain functions
- Understand Converse and Nike business needs and leverage data and market research to determine and enable strategic objectives
- Perform deep market analytics and research to develop expertise across technology, digital, and supply chain categories
- Activate and lead sourcing strategies and processes and leverage global colleagues to drive strategies and execution in geographies
- Analyze business proposals and align with long-term strategies
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- You will lead an innovative hypothesis-driven process to create and manage enterprise-wide category strategies that bridge organizational boundaries and that span the globe.
- You will use your analytical and research skills to help develop and execute strategies to unlock supplier value, optimize demand, and improve both internal and external processes.
- The strategies you help to develop will touch every aspect of client-supplier interaction and will include approaches to improve supporting processes, procedures, and technologies at both a local and global level.
- You will advise and support Converse’s business leaders during all phases of the sourcing life-cycle.
- You will be responsible for leading, resourcing, and executing sourcing strategies using the 7-Step Strategic Sourcing Process.
- You will measure value captured, report performance, engage Legal support, and execute sourcing initiatives using a suite of sourcing and contract management tools.
- Spend analysis, risk management, contracting, cost savings methodology, performance reporting, stakeholder engagement, and proficiency with sourcing tools are integral to success.
- This growth opportunity will also give you the chance to interact, present, and influence senior leadership to gain support for key initiatives and strategies. In addition, you will work with counterparts around the globe to implement these strategies at a geographic level.
- You will be an agent of change and a vital contributor in Converse’s quest to realize its full potential.
- 6-8 years of sourcing, with digital capability experience (emerging Technology, eCommerce and digital Supply Chain preferred.
- CPM or internationally accredited procurement qualification is preferred
- Experience both with category strategy creation, and customizing strategies
- Deep experience with operating in a global-geo/regional model, strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior leadership
- Strong project management experience inclusive of developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results
- Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit
- Clean-sheet modeling and negotiation methodology
- TCO approach to spend management (supply management, demand management, process management)
- Familiarity with product management and development approaches, including consumer insights and competitive product analysis
- Experience with e-Sourcing tools is a plus
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be willing to travel