5 - 7 years experience • Construction
Controller needed - for progressive heavy utility construction company!
Reporting directly to the President, this key leadership position for our firm will be responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, its relationships withbanking, insurance and the CPR auditing firm and bonding institutions, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financialreports. The position involves supervision of accounting and oversight of the WIP administration. Works closelywith management to control Operational and Job Cost budget costs, aggressive collection of receivables, and to support our Project Managers in the management of the job site progress as it relates to cost control and payment.
- Directs the financial affairs of the organization, AP, Payroll, and general accounting office operation, and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements withsupporting schedules.
- Monitors cash position and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Evaluates, monitors and tightly manages job site progress as it relates to cost control and payment.
- Insures timely job closing, invoicing, and accounts receivable collections.
- Manages the WIP process to insure collection of receivables, and verify accurate job cost projections.
- Oversees company general liability, workers comp, auto, benefit insurances, along with the President.
- Directs the preparation of timely reporting of governmental regulatory requirements i.e.: payroll and sales, taxreporting/deposits; insurance reporting, and licensing.
- Prepares effective schedules for year-end audits and manages the quality of deliverables provided to our outside CPA firm to assure smooth preparation of audited financial statements.
- Effectively and efficiently manages accounting for the firm’s inventory, acquisition, and disposal of equipment and other capital assets.
- Works with company advisors, such as auditors, bankers, insurance agents, benefit vendors, bonding agents, surety company representatives, consultants, and lawyers as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of construction accounting experience;
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) or Certified Public Accountant helpful;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization;
- Proven success in the management of various accounting functions including payroll, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, internal audit and financialreporting;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and federal, state and local laws;
- Proficiency with computer software used in construction industry;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, and have an outstanding command of MS Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In business for over twenty five years, we specialize in underground utility repairs and installation, and offer a comprehensive array of services to its customers in commercial, municipal and the private sectors that include; sewer and water line repairs & replacement, site preparation and landscape construction, excavation, grading of land, road construction and paving throughout the Boston area and beyond. We have steadily grown the business along with a team of highly skilled employees that has reached a level world class reputation of excellence in the industry.
We seek to hire a talented and motivated individual to provide top-notch financial leadership who enjoys:
- Challenging work
- Committed and active ownership
- A friendly welcoming environment
- The latest technology
- A dedicated and capable senior leadership team
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit plan!