Trimble is recruiting for a Control Systems Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO or Sunnyvale, CA.
About Trimble Agriculture
Trimble's Agriculture Division is a leader in precision agriculture, GPS and guidance solutions that help customers operate farm machinery more efficiently, save on input costs and increase yield and productivity. Trimble solutions include vehicle and implement guidance and steering; application control for seed, liquid and granular products; laser and GPS basedwater management technology; and harvest solutions. To ensure better decision making, Trimble also offers an integrated operations management solution called Connected Farm that provides information exchange across the entire farm using industry-leading software and hardware.
Trimble is looking to hire a strong control systems software engineer for vehicle automation, autonomy and machine coordination. Trimble Agriculture has been a leader in precision self-steering semi-autonomous vehicle systems for over a decade and wants to continue its lead in developing innovative and intelligent vehicle automation solutions. This role will be critical to developing market leading products and solutions; working closely with systems engineers, UI, software and firmware engineers, hardware engineers and product marketing.
Measures of Success
- Design, develop and validate technical requirements, architecture and algorithms for vehicle automation and vehicle guidance
- Design, develop, implement and verify software and firmware
- Define and document test cases and procedures
Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship / visa now or in the future.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Significant experience designing and implementing state estimators and control systems. Off road vehicle development experience is a plus.
- Significant experience with GNSS and inertial sensor technology
- Experience developing real-time embedded control systems firmware/software. Object oriented software design and implementation using C++ and/or Java is a plus
- Some experience with source revision control and build systems (git, gcc, make, etc)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Desired / Preferred Skills
- Familiarity with data communication protocols, including TCP/IP, CAN and/or RS-232, is desired
- Experience with perception sensors and algorithms (radar, lidar, ultrasonic, vision, tactile, etc) is a strong plus
- Experience developing path planners, optimal control techniques, etc. is a plus
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar