Our team of interdisciplinary code professionals work collaboratively to assure client designs comply with life-safety requirements of the international codes. Our history with local and regional jurisdictions and tribal governments includes plan review, field inspection, and interim building official.
Stantec’s Tucson office is looking for qualified ICC professionals who are experienced and certified in plan review and/or field inspection. Strong candidates possess skills necessary to work independently, manage client-imposed deadlines, and establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients to find common ground and alternate solutions.
- Examine construction plans for compliance with all adopted codes (architectural/life safety, accessibility, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical), federal standards, constructibility, and jurisdictional amendments as contracted by public and private clientele. Construction plans primarily consist of new commercial construction and alterations, with some intermittent new residential construction.
- Type the results of the examination into a letter utilizing Microsoft Word.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Must possess current ICC Certification(s) as Building Plans Examiner, with at least one other current ICC certification.
- Must have minimum five (5) years jurisdictional experience as a plans examiner or comparable commercial plan review experience for compliance with building codes for new construction and alterations.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- College courses or degree in related field a plus (architecture, engineering, construction management, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- CAD experience is a plus, but not required
Job ID 30049