The Chief of Staff to the CEO is responsible for the strategic execution of the CEO’s internal and external engagement throughout the calendar year. This role requires a relentless pursuit of time management for the CEO, and will administratively report into the CAO.
- Management and Organization: Plans and directs all administrative and operational activities for the organization's CEO or other executive. Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making. Acts as a point of contact or gatekeeper between management and other stakeholders. Provides oversight and guidance to projects of high importance and judiciously keeps track of progress until resolved. Acts as an advisor to the executive team and responsible for the management of executive support staff. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall business and it functions.
- External Meetings and Travel: Ensure that within a calendar year, the CEO has strategically aligned internal and external meetings to optimize travelschedules, client interaction and employee engagement. Ensure appropriate executive level engagement for every client visit, with clear, targeted messaging for each meeting. Ensure content in briefing documents aligns with meeting objectives and talking points. Partner closely with regional leaders and relationship management teams to ensure that time spent within each geography strikes the appropriate balance of internal and external meetings including town halls, senior leadership sessions, client visits, public relations and government official meetings. Align CEO travel with other Management Committee members, ensuring client touch points occur throughout the year, messages are aligned, follow-ups are executed and notes are shared, improving internal and external communications.
- Internal Communications: Partner closely with the Marketing team to align internal messaging and ensure the voice of the CEO is clearly cascaded to all levels of the organization. A strong business acumen and awareness of employee morale / current issues is critical to driving success for internal communications. Provide a lens to ensure written and verbal talking points reflect the voice of the CEO and directly align with a cohesive communications strategy. Assist with the cadence and cascade to other Management Committee members for closely aligned messaging deeper into the organization.
- Close partnership with CEO’s Executive Assistant – Ensure that requested meetings are booked, follow-ups are closed out and ad-hoc items are addressed in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Project manage – ability to prioritize and sequence events
- Pre-empt questions – ability to pre-empt questions from the CEO to ensure schedules and content require minimal editing
- Flex and pivot – be comfortable dealing with changes in plans throughout the planning process
- Communicate – ability to quickly craft talking points and key messages ensure all content is precise and accurate
- Network – ability to find data, insights and proof points very quickly across the organization
- Influence – be comfortable working with and influencing senior leaders and executives
- Multi-task - ability to juggle multiple priorities, but also be able to focus on the most important deliverables of the moment
- Business acumen – ability to pre-empt questions and sense check the facts for both internal and external communications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field of Study: n/a
- Language: English, Fluent
- Work Experience: 10+ years