The Secure Systems Program Chief Engineer will lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team in the technical development, integration and certification of the system security solution for a radar program. This leadership position requires proficiency and experience in secure systems, such as cyber security, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain assurance and/or operations security. This is a high-growth technical area and the candidate must be a self-starter that enjoys collaboration and pursuing innovative, practical solutions. The responsibilities require that the candidate be capable of leading development programs that include systems architecture development; requirements allocation; design completion, integration, verification and validation; architecture and system analysis; and trade studies. The ideal candidate must be a proven leader driving technical integrity, critical thinking, and ensuring the work products are of the highest quality that meet the program and customer objectives. The successful candidate must be comfortable communicating at multiple levels of the organization and building trust and confidence in our customer communities. The successful candidate must work closely with program management team, providing technical execution ownership for the program as well as cost and schedule. The successful candidate must collaborate with other program chief engineers to ensure dependencies and maximum leverage can be achieved.
The major activities of a Chief Engineer include:
- Leading program execution from product concept through to successful production.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance for the day-to-day operation of the program IPTs , ensuring work products are developed and delivered within cost, schedule, technical and quality/performance parameters.
- Developing and analyzing securityarchitectures or modifications to these architectures and ensuring system security requirements are established, allocated, and verified.
- Partnering with program chief engineers on related efforts to ensure maximum leverage from other programs, coordination of hand-offs, integrity in delivered work products and effective program execution.
- Promoting a culture of continuous learning and mentorship.
- Convening and chairing engineering review boards and approving all technical baseline modifications
- Reviewing and approving all customer deliverables, program plans, EACs.
- Creating, coordinating, and presenting program technical plans to internal and external customers in program management reviews, technical interchange meetings and other briefings.
- Promoting engineering best practices, processes, and continuous improvement.
- Partnering with functional leadership to ensure appropriate resources are being staffed on the program.
- Promote early risk identification and mitigation activities and reviewing / approving risks and opportunity plans.
- Engaging with program management team as the primary technical lead.
- Promoting engineering excellence in all that we do and ensuring design reviews capture program activities appropriately.
- Driving early risk identification and mitigation activities and reviewing / approving risks and opportunity plans.
- Supporting SAS business technical roadmaps.
- Minimum of 12 years related system engineering experience in one or more Program Protection Disciplines (Anti-Tamper, Cyber Security, Supply Chain Risk Management, Software Assurance and/or OPSEC)
- Experience in embedded system design and development
- Experience leading teams and IPTs, strong demonstrated organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills to develop less-experience engineers on team
- Experience in using tools and metrics in managing activities
- Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
- Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance.
- Ability to obtain program-level clearances
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
This program requires a security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure required clearances may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
- Experienced in the certification process through the National Security System as defined by CNSSI. This includes: Security certification and accreditation activities and procedures in accordance with DCID, JSIG, JDCSISS, DIACAP, NIST/RMF or related security guidance
- Earned Value Management expertise; Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
- Familiarity with C, C++, Ada
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with COTS secure products
- DoD Top Secret clearance
Required Education: Bachelors of Science degree (BS) in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM); advanced degree is preferred.