Chief Financial Officer Prairie St. John’s
The ideal CFO will have extensive experience in Hospital Facility & Outpatient Healthcare Financials preferably in a behavioral health setting. This position is a member of the hospitals leadership team. Providing financial leadership and day to day financial management. Including oversight of business office operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, general ledger, monthly close, yearly close, financial reporting, budget preparation and FTE management.
• Monitor and control accounts receivables. Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
• Improve the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
• Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
• Prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
• Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
• Prepare annual budget in conjunction with UHS standards. In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
Requirements Job Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a
financial leadership role in a healthcare setting, behavioral health
• Minimum education requirement of a
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
Proven record of success improving the profitability of a hospital by
continually monitoring costs in all areas, especially staffing as it
relates to patient volume.
• At least 5 years of
experience overseeing the Business Office functions to ensure cash
collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated. />
This opportunity offers the following:
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its
• Competitive Compensation • Excellent
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
plan with company match
• Generous Paid Time Off />• Relocation benefits
• Bonus opportunity />• UHS Stock Options opportunity