One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2018, UHS was recognized for the eighth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and in 2017, ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
The CEO of Prominence Health Plan provides overall leadership and management for multi-faceted managed care enterprise based in Reno, NV encompassing a Management Services Organization (MSO), HMO, PPO, provider network(s) and Third Party Administrator (TPA). Responsible for day-to-day oversight of all health plan functions focusing the efforts of 150 employees and an array of third parties and partners, all aligned to serve the needs of multiple populations including insured, self -funded, Medicare Advantage and large employers. Direct accountability for the P & L for Prominence as well as critical growth, quality and service objectives. Highly visible leadership due to transformational nature of the health planwork within the Acute Care Division.
- Good analytical skills which enable the identification of business opportunities and the establishment of practical and actionable paths, both internally and externally that will lead to desired outcomes. Ability to drill down within quantitative and qualitative analysis, both individually and in concert with others to problem solve and define clear paths of corrective action.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills. Ability to articulate vision in a clear and effective manner that is translatable into aligned action.
- Excellent human relations skills with the ability to impact and influence results.
- Strong project management and plan execution skills with the ability to respond to multiple competing priorities.
- High energy, positive attitude that encourages productive behavior among colleagues and staff amidst challenging circumstances related to bringing resources into common alignment for the desired outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Leads and manages large, inter-related and complex team on a daily basis
- Reviews and analyzes critical information and data relative to plan performance. Reports openly related to issues and performance.
- Establishes key business initiatives and ensures execution related to achieving performance goals and creating planned business platform for Acute Care Division Population Health strategy.
- Establishes and maintains key business relationships with Departments of Insurance, CMS, other State regulators, business partners and providers.
- Builds bridges to UHS Corporate, Prominence Health Plan Board, other components of population health services, hospital CEO’s and C-Suite, aligned physician group/network leaders to enhance alignment of objectives around optimal, coordinated results.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned.
Master's degreepreferred, Bachelor's Degree required, with at least 10 years experience of significant health plan operating leadership experience with proven track record for turnaround, performance enhancement, growth and alignment.
- Proven ability to establish sustainable relationships with providers, members, regulators and other key constituents.
- Deep understanding of health care delivery and financing , its component parts and their inter-relationship for alignment of incentives and information that will positively impact behavior relative to the Triple Aim in healthcare.