Digestive Care Center is a single specialty/Endoscopy Center located in Laguna Hills which is located in Orange County California. The facility has three procedure rooms and performs 650 + cases per month. An exceptional level of care is provided by a team of expert gastroenterologists, clinical staff, and healthcare leaders. Care is designed around the unique needs of patients and families. The facility is CMS certified.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The CEO is responsible for driving the development and execution of the organization's vision and strategic plans for the Endoscopy Center. The CEO manages the administrative, compliance and clinical activities of the Center. They will have full accountability for clinical quality, business and strategic planning, financial results, personnel recruitment, development and oversight, operational effectiveness, facility management and regulatory compliance. The CEO provides leadership to a team of clinical and business professionals, focused on clinical quality outcomes, labor efficiencies, supply chain management, volume growth drivers and revenue cycle optimization
- Provides leadership to a team of clinical and business professionals
- Achieves outstanding clinical results, physician, patient and teammate satisfaction with the center’s services and financial performance
- Works in collaboration with the Medical Director and partners to develop and maintain effective strategic, programmatic, and marketing plans to grow and maximize center outcomes
- Oversees the center’s physical assets, including the building and equipment, in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Operational knowledge facility management, life-safety codes and environment of care requirements and is proactive in managing the facility operations and repairs.
- Operational management experience such as budgeting, financial management, clinical services management, credentialing, accreditation, risk abatement, computer and software, responsible materials management are keystones of the position.
- Responsible for the facility’s P&L; managing financial controls and reporting. Ensures timely completion of all requiredfinancial and operational reports; responsible for the monitoring of expenses and the reporting of variances recommending changes as needed to meet projected net income.
- Manages operational strategies
- Develops and maintains an effective marketing program that encompasses physicians, patients, medical groups, and third-party payers focused on case volume growth.
- Ensure efficient business office operations.
- Provides support to the facility by managing the surgery center business to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
- Safeguards the facility’s assets and ensures that facility’s building and/or tenant improvements and equipment are maintained in good working order and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- The position serves as the on-site Personnel Director and ensures fair and prompt resolution of teammate complaints, grievances and operating problems.
- Partners with RVP and other field operations leadership, and Support Services resources as needed, for various growth initiatives and operational improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day-to-day operations.
- Interacts with all physicians, patients, families, visitors and teammates in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional facility environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years of experience in healthcare administration/management/Director of Nursing with experience in operations management in an ambulatory surgery, hospital outpatient surgery, or GI Endoscopy Center required
- Strong business development and community-based relationship building skills and experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of federal, state, CMS, AAAHC or JCAHO regulatory requirements for ambulatory care required.