One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2018, UHS was recognized for the eighth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and in 2017, ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Aiken Regional Medical Center opened its doors in 1917 as the Aiken Hospital and Relief Society to provide quality healthcare to the residents of Aiken and surrounding communities. Today, it is a 259-bed acute care facility offering a comprehensive range of specialties and services. Aiken Regional Medical Centers is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
The medical staff includes more than 120 physicians representing a broad spectrum of specialties. More than 85 percent of the medical staff are board certified with many board certified in more than one specialty. Physicians believe in the value of care that is as personally responsive as it is technologically advanced.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for leading the overall strategic plan for the hospital and develops and implements strategies to appropriately position the hospital to achieve corporate goals and market the services of the facility. UHS is seeking a transformational executive with a successful record of leading, challenging and reviewing strategic annual plans and budgets with the goal of providing superior patient care. The candidate will have expertise in in running efficient quality acute care operations with a commitment to the community, the patients and all hospital employees.
• Leads hospital senior team and participates in medical staff and governance strategic planning sessions for assigned hospitals.
• Meets regularly with assigned hospital leadership to examine current financial performance, evaluate forecasts, and assure appropriate and timely interventions.
• Assures consistent compliance with UHS quality, risk, financial, human resources and other expectations that are in accord with UHS expectations and directives.
• Identifies opportunities to improve overall patient satisfaction and is committed to superior service excellence.
This opportunity offers the following:
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent medical, dental vision and prescription plan
• Generous paid time off
• Relocation benefits
• Bonus opportunity and stock option eligible