The Business Development Representative role is responsible for finding, uncovering and developing new potential sales opportunities for mTAB offerings, and developing inbound potential opportunities from marketing activities, into Business Development Qualified Leads.
Opportunities to Learn and Advance
This role is a fantastic opportunity be part of a high performance, high energy team driving to greatness. This role is the gateway to a more senior level sales role as an Inside Sales Executive or Account Executive at mTAB.
• Meet and strive to exceed all monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
• Execute high volume and quality activity to connect with all accounts within assigned territories
• Increase the level of awareness of the mTAB brand
• Ensure and maintain a healthy sales opportunity pipeline
• Build and maintain rapport with prospects by gaining a clear understanding of their business, objectives, and positioning positive business outcomes
• Overcome objections and effectively communicate mTAB value proposition with prospects via telephone, email, video, and social networks
• Discover and educate new stakeholders
• Prepare customized prospect focused sales presentations
• Stay current on competitor product offerings and industry trends
• Gather, update, and maintain essential statistical prospect information within Salesforce CRM
• Maintain effective and efficient product knowledge of mTAB offerings
• Participate in trade shows, sales meetings, sales training, and other venues deemed necessary
• Be a key player in improving overall sales productivity
Qualifications and Requirements
• 1+ years sales experience or business development (inbound and outbound) activities
• Four-year college degreepreferred, BA/BS or equivalent
• A competitive, positive, energetic, enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and ambitious individual
• Must be competent with at least one SFA/CRM tool (Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipeliner, PipeDrive, Nimble, etc.) and Marketing Automation tool (Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, etc.), and LinkedIn Sales Navigator experiencepreferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project and time management skills
• Must be detail-oriented and accurate
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team to successfully meet objectives
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to think outside the box and take initiative to tackle
projects/assignments, sometimes with a minimal definition of the scope
• Integrity and the highest ethical and professional standards
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must be a driven individual with a relentless ambition for success
mTAB was founded in 1987 with one mission: to empower its clients to use their data to make better decisions. While the company's products and services may have changed over our 30+ years in business, the core mission remains the same.
From tab-books to crosstab software and from crosstab software to an industry-leading data visualization platform, mTAB has always been an innovator in data analysis and visualization. What began as an idea in a garage in California, has grown into an enterprise with offices in the US, Europe, and Asia.
mTAB has always understood that its global Fortune 500 clients need both innovative technology and expert services to get the most of out their data. With expertise that can only be gained through decades of experience, mTAB has become the go-to resource for clients trying to get deeper insights from their data.
From the beginning, we've always been in the people business. We believe we're successful only if we help our clients achieve deep and meaningful impact in their business.
Over 50,000 users across hundreds of organizations and 40+ countries have trusted mTAB with their data for over 30 years.
This job description is intended to represent the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not meant to be a complete list of all responsibilities and may be subject to revisions or exceptions at any time at the discretion of management.
Job Type: Full-time