Wunderman’s North American Business Development team oversees our new business initiatives across the U.S. and Canada, working to meet the increasing demand for agency-of-record and project relationships. They identify, pursue and win strategic and tactical new business opportunities, assist in onboarding new clients to the agency, ensuring a seamless transition, and help to grow business with existing clients. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help support the North American Wunderman and Wunderman Health Business Development initiatives.
The right person will report to the Director of Business Development and oversee the New Business Associate. They will have close working relationships with the other Business Development leads in the region and globally. This role will be based out of our New York office/Headquarters.
- Owning the pitch process from start to finish including Legal Documentation, RFI and RFP agency responses.
- Partnering with internal teams, WPP pitch teams and Director of Business Development to ensure materials are in line with global strategy and brand.
- Help to maintain and grow the business development systems, process and internal operations that support the global new business activity (i.e.: New Business Tracker, Pitch Portal, prospect lists, reporting and various internal tools), suggesting ways of improving efficiency and collaboration.
- Develop and maintain a masterschedule for all business development initiatives, and ensure team keeps to schedule.
- Is highly organized, detailed and process oriented
- Can quickly grasp intermediate toolsets and business software tools
- Is highly energetic and collaborative
- Is a self-learner and starter
- Loves to work collaboratively
- Loves being part of a winning team
- Has at least 5 years’ experience in a related role
- Prior experience at an advertising agency, within new business/business development is a bonus
- Displays enthusiasm to support the team whenever/wherever necessary – sometimes over and above normal work hours and listed JD tasks.