DPR Construction is seeking an individual for Business Development with at least 5 years of commercial construction industry. The successful applicant will possess the following skills.
- Share Core Market opportunities, trends and best practices
- Identify Target Customers
- Identify Key Consultants/Trade Partners
- Competitor SWOT analysis and insights
- Develop Doer/Sellers in Core Markets
- Establish Sales Goals
- Track/Report/Recalibrate Business Development Goals
- Establish & Track BD Budget
- Select Customer Appreciation Opportunities (Sports Tix, etc.)
- Participate in Weekly Business Development Meetings
- Share Info with Other Regions for National Customers
- Target National/Local Events for attendance & sponsorship
- Client Events at DPR offices – Marketing, getting the right who’s, follow-up
- Engage and lead the Regional Core Market Group
- Customer Capture Tools
- Decision Makers & Influencers & Current Events
- ‘Zipper’ with Target Customers
- Analyze Red Zone Characteristics
- GM Analysis (Customer History)
- Shed Bad Customers
- Customer Info in Pipeline
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Marketing Strategy for new clients
- Connections with other offices
- Customer Data Mining
- Differentiators Worksheet (Customer Specific)
- Opportunities to Win Without Competition or Influence the RFP
- Target Customer Events (Instructional Opportunities & Fun Events)
- Go/No Go Analysis of Pursuits
- Challenger Sale Strategies
- Commercial Insight
- Consensus Sales
- Drive Project Capture Tool Discussion
- Identify DPR Pursuit Team Early RFP & Interview
- Identify Proposal Lead
- Differentiators Worksheet (Project Specific)
- Develop Proposal Theme (using CCT and PCT)
- GM Calculator (Project Specific)
- Provide content and proof Proposal Content
- Interview Prep
- Post GM Calculator, Differentiators Worksheet, Proposal Response and Interview Presentations in Pipeline
- Quality control of all marketing pieces that go out
Negotiating & Closing
- Interview Follow Up – Questions left unanswered, additional insights
- Identify Concession Strategy
- Post Mortem Reasons for Win or Loss
- Customer Follow Up for Team Performance
- Update Pipeline (Team, Description, Budget, Post Mortem, etc.)
- Schedule CSS Reviews
- Help Identify Newsworthy Stories on projects
- Visit jobsites
Profile/ Candidate Characteristics
- DPR Culture fit
- Passion around our Core Markets
- Great Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic Thinker
- Team Player
- Positive reputation within industry
- Core Market knowledge
- Existing network
- External ambassador at industry events
- Proven history of success
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Positive reputation within industry.
- Core Market knowledge.
- Existing network.
- External ambassador at industry events.
- Proven history of success.
- 3+ years of experience within the Construction and/or Insurance Industry.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This position is salaried.