This full time position reports to Millennium’s Integrated Systems Vice Presidents/General Manager. The successful candidate is responsible for supporting Millennium’s business growth both in national and international markets. The Business Development Specialist will support development of Government proposals and communications documents including development and completion of proposal sections, volumes, and white papers. The successful applicant will liaise/coordinate with customers, teammates, local technical staff, and assist corporate development management and staff across the company. The successful applicant will support Millennium’s Product Development Center of Excellence business development support for Government and Commercial Space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute business development and capture management tasks throughout the capture life cycle by identifying opportunities, interacting with customers, developing capture plans, conducting various types of research and data compilation related to both specific opportunities as well as the market as a whole, and leading overall capture efforts.
- Provide direct assistance in the development of Business Development future opportunities to include assisting in documentation and briefing materials
- Assist in performing all aspects of Corporate Business Development.
- Acts as a facilitator and coordinator throughout the Business Development and Proposal Writing Process by providing the capture team with insight throughout all aspects of the decision making process
- Coordinate and facilitate all meetings associated with proposal deadline and color team reviews
- Coordinate with other areas of the company, as well as with outside organizations in order to facilitate the creation of proposal teams, win themes and strategies and synchronize resources while preparing for government business opportunities
- Tracking the status of action items, opportunity gate reviews and weekly/monthly reports
- Ability to track, manage and reconcile changes to Government Request for Proposals
- Provide on-going analytical and administrative support by managing and coordinating daily business development communications and processes
- Must understand and adhere to deadlines, assignments and objectives
- Good knowledge of NASA, DoD and other Government Agency culture, systems, and missions.
- Broad industry and US Government Agency/Department of Defense knowledge with a strong understanding of Government Request for Proposals
- Experience in the development proposals in response to government RFPs mandatory
- Demonstrated success in government engineering services business capture and proposal development
- Knowledge of contract types and task order delivery in accordance with the Business Acquisition Process
- Knowledge of the aerospace engineering and cyber market and technical disciplines
- Ability to accomplish tasks completely and accurately with time limited deadlines
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills required. Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Excellent skills in MS SharePoint strongly desired
- General knowledge of IT Systems
- Work and travel flexibility to respond to rapid adjustments in the priority of work assignments to meet proposal schedule demands is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills for interacting with team members and customers required.
- Willing to submit a writing sample upon request
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, technical or business field and minimum of 10 years of professional experiencerequired.