Our Client, a major law firm with locations throughout the world is seeking a regional experienced Business Development and Marketing Manager with a broad range of skills who can establish confidence among partners and staff by providing excellent service and work product such that they are recognized as the business development and marketing liaison for the office, while also serving as an integral member of the firm's global marketing team. The candidate should have an outgoing personality, a professional mindset, be approachable in nature, and be able to work both independently and within a team. A strong foundation in business development and marketing principles is required, along with the ability to quickly understand and appreciate the firm's culture and the particular needs of individual partners in the office.
The position will report directly to the firm's CMO and requires daily interface with partners in Washington, while working in close collaboration with the marketing team in New York. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years' experience in either a law firm or a professional services organization.
· Develop a full understanding of the firm's Washington practice groups.
· Develop relationships with individual partners and support their individual marketing and business development needs – e.g. support writing, speaking and other pertinent networking opportunities including client updates, pitch materials and practice/office marketing materials.
· Analyze the marketing and business development activities (eg. websites, client alerts, directories, client events) of the office against peer firms/practices and develop and implement strategies for winning new business and raising the profile of the firm.
· Draft, coordinate and track office submissions and deadlines for Chambers and other approved directories and rankings and use this process as a resource to keep current on practice trends and partner highlights.
· Develop relationships with local marketing colleagues at peer firms for information gathering/insight.
· Organize marketing and business development events and programs including support for seminars, sponsorship's business and client/alumni events for the office. Attend certain client and other networking functions to represent and promote the office.
· Track office PR and news items to develop potential media stories under the direction of the CMO and/or PR Manager.
· Gather and manage matter data and significant experience for practices/individuals to ensure the availability of experience firm-wide, including content for the firm's website and intranet specific to the office.
· Develop and oversee the development of pitches and presentations (including providing market and client research) working closely with the Business Development team in New York.
· Drive business development activity by proactively communicating hot topics and client success stories
· Support Client Relationship Management (InterAction) initiatives and work withsupport staff to ensure that accounts are maintained
· Manage day-to-day projects to ensure that assignments are effectively performed in alignment with the firm's overall strategic marketing efforts.
· Ensure that the office utilizes all firm branding tools and is presented in a professional and thoughtful manner.
Experience and Skill Requirements
· 10+ years experience in either a law firm or a professional services organization
· Strong understanding of the commercial and substantive nature of our legal work, the business of our clients, and the litigation field generally.