Business Analytics Consultant Sr
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Consultant within PNC's Independent Risk Management organization, within the Centralized Allowance Team you will be based in either Cleveland, Ohio or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As a Business Analytics Consultant you are part of a group that is responsible for the aggregation and analysis of the various components of PNC Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL or “reserves”). This group has significant interaction with the various risk organizations and works directly with information about PNC’s various loan portfolios (i.e. Commercial, Consumer and Impaired loans). The reserves process is a dynamic process of which the results are highly visible and a significant component of the financial closing process. A need exists to provide direct assistance to the team with the completion of a variety of analysis, reporting and governance responsibilities in addition to assisting with new reserves initiatives as they arise.
You are responsible for planning, organizing and managing resources to support the key business decision making process. This position is ideal for the individual who desires to contribute to a group’s success and is comfortable working in a highly visible group.
OH - Cleveland
OH001 - PNC Center - Cleveland
- Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and useful applications across multiple functions or business units.
- Consulting to clients on tool and strategy implementation and monitoring, statistical scoring, business intelligence, data quality, and analytical product / solution development.
- Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting development, implementation and enhancements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing dashboard reporting for operations and executive management to enable data driven decision making.
- Analyzing results for multiple functions and communicating conclusions from complex models to a wide range of audiences.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Emerging Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Excel, including ability to create complex charts/tables for use in Word and PowerPoint applications
Hyperion SmartView a plus
Must have an aptitude to quickly learn other systems.
Minimum intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills for preparation of presentation materials
Adobe Acrobat Standard a plus
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.