Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- · The Business Analyst will conduct business, process and/or data analysis on Revenue Cycle initiatives.
- · The Analyst will work on new projects and ongoing improvements that will include, identify business and functional requirements, translate the requirements into technical specifications, process and workflow mapping and system testing.
The Ideal Candidate
- · The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated individual with very strong analytical skills.
- · Will have a thorough understanding of revenue cycle processes to be able to perform analysis of scheduling, financial clearance, charging, billing, payment and collection activity.
- · Master's degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- · Ensures design specification requirements are met. Prepares complete test plans and test methodologies. Sets design, test, documentation, and implementation standards in accordance with HIPAA and other patient data management policies.
- · Coordinates with the business units who test, validate, evaluate new
applications and functions, and determines issues in services and software
- · Works with business owners to identify process and system improvements within the Revenue Cycle.
- · Implements project management processes and methodologies to help ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customers' expectations.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in healthcare/business administration or other related fields required. Masters of Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- · Minimum of three (3) years' experience with business analysis, process analysis and/or data analysis within the healthcare revenue cycle required
- · Two (2) years' experience documenting business and functional requirements preferred
· Has through understanding of revenue cycle processes to be able to perform analysis scheduling, financial clearance, charging, billing, payment and collection activity.