Business Analyst - Sr
5 - 7 years experience • Patient Care
The Business Systems Analyst – Senior is the primary liaison between IT and the business community for the development and implementation of business processes to support correspondence management across various functional areas of GHP. They typically work concurrently on multiple IT projects of varying size and scope, including large (> 7,000 person hour) enterprise wide projects. This analyst works to correctly understand and accurately document use cases, requirements, workflow, processes, and business rules required for a clear picture of the business. They coordinate the definition, documentation, analysis and review of all project requirements. In conjunction with users, they reengineer and redesign more effective and efficient business processes by applying business rules, processes, and workflow to the use of new or redesigned IT systems. They are responsible for reporting progress, risks and issues to business stakeholders, Project Manager, Program Director and IT Director. A Senior Business Systems Analyst receives minimal direction from Management. They could be responsible for mentoring and teaching less senior Business Analysts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Works independently on all types of initiatives (small, medium and large complexity).
2. *Defines business view of solution scope as well as a scope that is feasible.
3. *Performs stakeholder analysis to identify and determine stakeholder needs.
4. *Manages baseline and changes to requirements.
5. *Plans and estimates BA activities, communications, and requirements management process.
6. *Deliver full project objectives on time and within budget.
7. *Defines business need and capability gaps driving the need for an enhancement or solution to be developed.
8. *Plans requirements elicitation activities and documents and validates elicitation results.
9. *Prioritizes requirements according to the project and stakeholder needs.
10. *Organizes, packages and communicates requirements appropriate to audience.
11. *Obtains Signoff on requirements.
12. *Creates and maintains forwards and backwards traceability in requirements.
13. *Determines solution alternatives and assess for feasibility, risk, business value, and defines the approach selected.
14. *Translates business specifications into clear and concise functional specifications for use by system developers and configuration specialists.
15. *Specifies and models requirements in visual and textual formats at various levels of abstraction.
16. *Validates requirements, assumptions and constraints with stakeholders.
17. *Verifies requirements of sufficient quality with stakeholders.
18. *Allocates requirements based on project and solutions needs.
19. *Evaluates and validates the solution meets the business needs of the stakeholders.
20. *Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion. Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
21. May lead or supervise other business analysts.
22. Applies the IIBA Body Knowledge appropriately.
23. Perform other duties as assigned or required by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
*Denotes essential job duties
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
FACETS EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
• Problem solving, creativity, analytical and systems thinking
• Learning approach to understand the business, and the needs of stakeholders
• Comfortable working independently and well organized
• Capable of using word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
• Extensive knowledge of business structures
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Able to express and present ideas, issues and paraphrase what others are communicating
• Strong meeting management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong relationship management skills
• Strong time management skills - ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Project Management skills
o Knowledge of Agile Methods is required.
o Knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar methodology is desired.
• Managerial skills - Demonstrated capability to successfully handle multiple teams and multiple tasks simultaneously and under strict deadlines is preferred
• Advanced business and technical acumen
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Business, Information Technology or related field required.
Minimum of five years of experience working on successful IT-related projects as a Business Analyst is required.
Demonstrated experience with BABOK or similar business analysis methodology is required.
Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the Business Analyst function on multiple IT projects of varying size and scope including large (> 7,000 person hours) enterprise wide projects is preferred.
Significant experience in requirements analysis techniques including structured analysis, context diagrams, data flow diagrams, entity diagrams, prototyping, use cases and functional/technical crosswalk for solutions design and proof of concept is preferred.
System, Integration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) experiencepreferred.
Significant experience using workflow and process documentation software and methodologies, and project management software is desired.
• Experience in healthcare payer process areas preferred:
o Care management, disease management, utilization management, appeal and grievances, HEDIS, provider profiling, and/or;
o Claims processing, enrollment and EDI and/or;
Provider network management, credentialing, underwriting.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
If a suitably experienced candidate cannot be found, applicants who meet the basic qualifications but possess fewer years of experience will be considered for hire at a lower level. Salary would commensurate with experience
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Job Id 40846