Brandmuscle’s Business Analyst collaborates with various internal teams to ensure the successful prioritization, planning, facilitation, and delivery of valuable enhancements to our web-based local marketing automation software products.
Under general direction, responsibilities include:
- Owns the Product Owner/Business Analyst role in the agile development methodology including creating user stories and acceptance criteria, managing and prioritizing the backlog, and participating in daily standups, sprint planning, demo, and retrospectives.
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert (SME) as products launch and mature through their lifecycle.
- Seek opportunities to improve product offering: innovate new ideas for product enhancements.
- Works closely with product stakeholders to plan, launch, and implement products on time and according to specifications and requirements.
- Consumes customer and client feedback and aligns to business needs. Translates these items into new product features that align with the overall product vision and strategy.
- Participate in product demonstrations and sales opportunities.
- Continuously groom the sprint backlog by meeting with stakeholders to discuss upcoming sprint priorities.
- Partner with UX Designers and Software Architects to design and deliver valuable enhancements.
- Available to provide advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each development sprint.
- Motivate the product and engineering teams to perform to their full potential and to adhere to the product vision.
- Inspect product progress throughout the delivery cycle to ensure solution delivered by engineering teams is consistent with supplied requirements, and exercise authority to accept or reject work done.
- Document and communicate enhancements to internal teams.
- Continually improve the efficiency of internal processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Understands Agile principles and methodologies
- Proven successful product definition or business analysis and organizational skills.
- Successful experience prioritizing and completing long and short term projects under limited direction.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex product opportunities and define solutions that meet the business requirements within the confines of a technical implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Innovative and eager to implement new ideas
- Strong command of the English language, including excellent communication skills (verbal, written, graphical) with a variety of audiences
- Skilled at writing clear, concise, yet thorough software requirements and user stories
- 3-5 years of complex technical product management or technical system requirements gathering/analysis. Experience with content management, data, eCommerce, user interface development, service oriented architecture, and analytics platforms is preferred. Experience in consulting is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in gathering and analyzing customer requirements, preferably in an Agile system development methodology