The Section Manager will implement and maintain systems engineering processes and antenna and RCS measurement standards in providing high quality measurements in accordance with schedule and budget allocations. The Section Manager will mentor and validate the work products of his / her team, while engaging in staff training and career development, assignment of employee job duties and conducting performance reviews. The Section Manager will employ excellent leadership and communication skills, while directly supporting the HWEC Antenna Core Products Department Manager in the execution of engineering goals.
The Section Manager is also responsible for assisting in the assembly of department proposals with supporting Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and work product deliveries. The Section Manager will participate in program and peer reviews. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation and experience in systems and RF measurement methods used in antenna, RCS, and material characterization.
- 10+ years related work experience; 3+ years with direct leadership
- Solid understanding and experience in RF measurement hardware and software used in antenna, Radar Cross Section (RCS) and microwave product material characterization
- Knowledge and experience with calibration methods and measurement techniques used in antenna, RCS, and material characterization
- Broad working knowledge of indoor and outdoor ranges of varying types (anechoic, compact, tapered, near-field, etc.) and material characterization (bi-static reflection arch, focused beam, etc.)
- Proven leader with 3+ years of direct functional management experience and ability to quickly gather data, identify root cause factors and drive for closure
- Awareness and appreciation for proactive maintenance of measurement facilities through organization and preventative maintenance
- Experience in the authoring of test plans and procedures
- Experience assisting proposal efforts, engineering reviews, and program / customer reviews
- Ability to provide staffing support to program teams through matrix organization
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in range data acquisition and processing tools, including Matlab
- Experience leading small projects including developing integrated masterschedule, establishing and tracking budgets, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical degree
Desired Education: Master’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical degree