The Analytics Developer is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing customized Patient Access reports/dashboards and data extracts utilizing standard Epic reporting tools such as Reporting Workbench, Radar, Extract Editor and Crystal reports.
Primary goals of the position are to create high value reports for financial, operational and clinical customers by establishing strong partnerships with business unit members and translating key requirements into detailed report design specifications.
Position works under the direction of the ISD Finance and Administration Project Director and Team Leads. Position works in collaboration with ISD ePARC and Clinical reporting units and Operational stakeholders.
Conforms to established guidelines, standards, and conventions for report writing, programming and documentation. Position requires successfully achieving (and maintaining) Epic certifications in Cadence and Prelude Applications, Reporting Workbench, Radar and Clarity Data Models. Certifications may require two to five weeks of training, includes travel.
- Creates customized operational, analytical and project-related extracts and reports.Includes functional areas of analysis, design, documentation, testing, implementation and support of Epic Chronicles and Clarity extracts and reports.
- Designs and implements complex data extracts, reports and analyses related to departmental needs for line item level information, operational and analytical reporting.
- Coordinates Patient Access reportportfolio, validates model system reports, supervises procedural changes, presents educational material and coordinates communication with customers.
- Reviews requested enhancements; works with project leads to prioritize and implement requested changes to Patient Access reports and extracts.
- Participates in meetings supporting various projects and works with build team report analysts on design and support.
- Maintains current knowledge base and expertise of hierarchical and relational database concepts and querying tools.
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects, meets established deadlines, and maintains flexibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as Data Science, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Information, Healthcare Analytics, Finance, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Master’s degreepreferred.
- Three to five years of report writing experience with expertise in custom expressions, advanced programming for automation of specific calculations and formatting
- Experience with Epic reporting tools (RWB/Radar, Extract Editor, Crystal) or related products
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relational database concepts
- Sound knowledge of SQL tuning and data extraction methodologies
- Experience with statistical analytics tools and Business Intelligence tools preferred, such as R, SAS, Python, Spotfire, Tableau
- Experience working in healthcare sector preferred
- Experience with Patient Access reporting preferred, including analyses specific to patient scheduling and registration
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral
- Attend or lead meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Works to be an ICare Champion