Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
The Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis helps analyze data on the company’s financial forecasts, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, and special projects. The Analyst supports the Manager of FP&A and assists in providing financial consulting and strategic support, including routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, preparation of financial packages and presentations, revenue and expense analyses, and other projects requested by the Manager of FP&A and/or senior management. The FP&A group acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support “optimal” business decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes current and past trends of key performance indicators, highlighting issues and causes of unexpected variances.
- Compiles monthly and/or quarterly financialreports.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports (including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures) to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Prepare presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
- Supports senior management, region leaders, and Practice Leaders with in-depth support and analyses as needed.
- Manages the continued development of budgeting, financialforecasting, operating plan, and modeling tools.
- Performs ad-hocreporting and analysis.
- Implements and works with business intelligence tools and dashboard reports.
- Improves performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand return on investment (ROI) in new acquisitions, practice areas, and international expansions.
- Develops financial models and analyses to supportstrategic initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 2–3years of related experience in P&L analysis with an understanding of accounting basics required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst candidatepreferred.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Must be articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the capacity to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to think creatively, be highly driven, organized, and have the highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Must have demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
- Experience using accounting software is required.