Is responsible for determining and documenting the scope of work; detailed functional requirements; current and target conditions, and test plans. Works on small/medium initiatives with some supervision. Works closely with various functional groups, format leaders and business areas in defining solutions to meet business objectives. The position must quickly learn about the various business areas, gain an understanding of the business needs and participate in the development of a solution that can be communicated to the business. With the assistance of the project manager, software and enterprise architects they will assist in the establishment of the project budget; cost/benefit and ROI.
- The Business Analyst is competent in all aspects of business analysis including: Business case development, Requirements Elicitation, Requirements traceability, Test Cases and user stories, Root Cause Analysis, Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Process Improvement, Facilitation Skills and GEBS Methodologies.
- Refines and clarifies the definition of a business need and defines a solution scope that can feasibly be implemented by the business. This includes problem definition and analysis, business case development, feasibility studies, and the definition of solution scope. In additon to gathering this data, creates detailed, clear, and accurate documentation of each of the above elements and others items as needed.
- Elaborates stakeholder and solution requirements in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that will meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders. It involves analyzing stakeholder needs to define solutions that meet those needs, assessing the current state of the business to identify and recommend improvements, and the verification and validation of the resulting requirements. In additon to gathering this data, creates detailed, clear, and accurate documentation of each of the above elements and others items as needed.
- Helps to determine which solution best fits the business need, identify gaps and shortcomings in solutions, and determine necessary workarounds or changes to the solution. This includes the ability to understand the costs and risks of filling these gaps and the ability to describe that to the business
- Developes test scripts and assists in user acceptance testing that is tied back to the detailed functional and technical requirements
- Management and communication of requirements to stakeholders, and ensures that knowledge gained by the business analyst is maintained for future use.
- Assists in determining performance metrics to be used to validate the success of the proposed solution
- Work with stakeholders to identify and understand their needs and concerns, and understand the environment in which they work.
- Understands the basic fundamentals of GEBS and recommends inclusion of a GEBS consultant to assist in Value Stream Mapping and root cause analysis
- Skilled at faciltating small to moderate sized meetings up through the director level of the organization.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
Education and Training Required
- Bachelors Degree Computer/Information Science, Project management, Business Analysis or equivalent Experience
- 5 to 10 years
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst generalist or project coordinator. Works on small/medium initiatives with some supervision.
- Works together with the project manager to gather; document and manage business requirements and translate them into functional and design specifications and system functionality
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively. Experience coordinating multiple projects with an intermediate range of business and IT partners.
- Experience working in a retailtechnology environment
- Experience working for a retail grocery company or similar retailer