Mgr Outside Sales
I. Job SummaryGenerates profitable new account revenue by leading team of Outside Sales Representatives. Assists in developing and executing the Market Area’s Sales and Marketing Plan in order to achieve revenue goals for the Outside Sales channel. Identifies, qualifies and ranks prospects and assigns selling responsibility to the appropriate Outside Sales Representative (OSR).II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Outside Sales Team.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Market Area Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
- Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop the skills of OSRs.
- Supervises activities of the OSRs and ensures that team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, and new sales revenue.
- Effectively manages, maintains and ensures the use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures entire Outside Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to OSRs and customers.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
- Interviews and selects qualified candidates for OSR positions.
III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThe highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ___ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of ___ full-time employees.
IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments. Internal requirements include 3-years proven success in a Level 4-6 sales position.